Make Positive Changes
Welcome to episode 14 about how to make Positive Changes in your life. I’m here to share with you how to make positive changes in your life with 10 positive change examples. Get practical advice that you can use to change your life. How to change your life for the better starts here, with Citizen of the World. Every one of us has a unique gift, and purpose to fulfill. Live a life of prosperity and happiness with these small changes to make a positive change in the world. Are you shining your light and making the world a better place? These positive changes will lead to a better world for yourself, your family and your community. Take small steps to change your life today, to see results tomorrow.
Citizen of the World Podcast inspires action outside your comfort zone, so you can live a purposeful life. Enjoy thought provoking conversations about lifestyle, and entrepreneurship to live your best life. If you feel stuck, unhappy, and bored with your life, Citizen of the World podcast is for you. With me, your host Kathleen Parisien, see life from a different perspective, think outside the box and get ready to grow. Listen to Episode 14 on Spotify or Apple iTunes.
Positive Change – Flow Like Water
With the pandemic going on right now, this subject is exceptionally important. I see a lot of people posting on Facebook that they want the virus to end right now, because they have stuff to do. We need to let go of this mentality of always planning and trying to do so much. We cannot have expectations in this life, as there is always a bigger force at play. We can make decisions, but we can’t expect and plan everything to the 10th degree. I learned this vital life lesson when I took off traveling for over 2 years. Everything I had planned, wouldn’t work out. Things would always happen, that would divert my course. And this is why I choose to flow like water. So, instead of being upset and irritable about the current situation, ask yourself how you can change for the better. How can you make the world a better place for yourself, and for others around you? How can you let go of expectations and just be?
3 Steps to Change your Life
To make this as simple as possible, let’s consider 3 simple steps to change your life:
- Change your mindset. Acknowledge that the voice inside your head is not you. You are deeper than the thoughts inside your mind. So, by learning to disconnect with your thoughts, you can start to see broader perspectives. Know that you are never stuck, as we are resilient animals. You can always change your life, perspective or situation, by changing your mindset.
- Get new hobbies. To change your life, you’ll need to change your lifestyle, daily routine and how you spend your free time. Depending on why you want to change your life, new hobbies might automatically arise. For example, if you want to stop drinking, you’ll need to find new hobbies that don’t include drinking. By knowing what you don’t want, you are closer to finding out what you do want!
- Listen to Podcasts. Podcasts, as a platform, have the ability to impact people’s lives. From making a conscious decision to turn off the radio, and listen to a podcast instead, you’ve given yourself a learning opportunity. From listening to a podcast, you learn a lot about a specific topic. The topic can change your life, as it can inspire new thoughts, new actions, and a new lifestyle. My favourite podcasts include She did it her way, Oprah’s Super Soul Podcast and Kat Fowler’s Soul Awakening Podcast.
10 Positive Change Examples
- Meditate. This goes back to focusing on a good mindset. Meditation will help calm tensions and see clear paths forward.Kickstart a 14 day meditation challenge!
- Get Ready for the Day. Even if you work from home, or are currently in quarantine due to the COVID-19 virus, you should still get ready for the day. Making your bed, putting on fresh clothes, putting on soft makeup, will help you emotionally prepare for the day. You’ll be in the right headspace to perform the duties you need. You’ll have more pride working in nice clothes, than your old university sweatshirt.
- Keep a Journal. A journal is extremely therapeutic as you can sort different things out. It’s a positive change as you’re giving yourself time to collect your thoughts, and find your voice.
- Establish a Morning Ritual. A morning ritual can lead to success throughout the day. I start my day with meditating, journal writing and then I take my German Shepherd for a long 1 hour walk. This morning ritual sets my day off on a positive note, and gives me ample time for self love and care.
- Express your Feelings. Whatever you’re feeling, show it. Don’t repress feelings as that will just blow up. Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable. As through expressing our feelings, we put our best selves forward.
- Be Altruistic. Do things for others without expecting anything back. If we want kindness, we must first give kindness. Give into the universe, and you will naturally get it back. But, focus more on what you can do for others, instead of yourself.
- Cook more often. Do you eat out a lot? What you put into your temple has a direct influence on your mental health. Live a more positive life by cooking more often. This way, you know what you are eating, and you can ensure more wholesome, healthy meals. Make your plates colourful, and don’t forget the protein. As my dad always says, our brain needs protein.
- Do what you say you’ll do. Instead of procrastinating, just complete the task at hand. Don’t spend time writing countless “to-do” lists, just do them! You will feel a load off your shoulders the quicker tasks get done. Liberate yourself of always having to do things, by taking care of things right away.
- Talk to your friends and family. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t hold tension in your heart, as this will only hurt yourself.
- The last but not least how to make positive changes in your life… Exercise. Exercise gets energy levels flowing and moving in and out of the body. Clear yourself from negative energy with regular exercise. Health is wealth my friends. A more positive life, starts with a strong and healthy temple.
How to Change Your Life for the Better
Changing your life for the better starts within. It’s important to pinpoint what about your life you want to change. Is it your career or your personal life? Is it your environment? As human beings, our environment dictates everything for us. Take the necessary steps to change your life. Only you know the path. Listen to your intuition, and take time for self discovery.
Positive Changes: Free eBook
I changed my life for the better by walking away from a toxic situation. Back in 2014, I disliked my job, my living arrangements, and I felt like I couldn’t grow if I was always with the same people. I wanted change so bad, that I quit my 9-5 job with the government, and instead went to volunteer in Brazil. After 6 months in South America, I came back to Canada but couldn’t sit still. So, I went to Israel for 11 months to pursue a Masters degree in conflict resolution and meditation at tel aviv university. These drastic changes took me out of toxic environments, and allowed me to see life for what it was; abundant. Whatever you want in life, is possible. You can change your life for the better, and you don’t have to be as dramatic as me. I have a free downloadable eBook of my experience of leaving a toxic environment, and embracing the unknown. Be sure to subscribe at citizenofd.world and you’ll receive Citizen of the World: A Guide to Adventure and Self Discovery in a free eBook format.
Especially today with the pandemic, we can’t just move to a different country. Instead incorporate 10 positive change examples into your life. Change doesn’t need to be huge, it can be minimal and have a huge impact. You just need to follow easy steps to change your life.
Make a Positive Change in the World
Make a positive change in the world by being your authentic self. Don’t hide behind titles, occupations and other social constructions. Let your true self shine in your professional and private life. Will you take the steps to change your life, now? Are you working a job that stresses you out? Do you want to work from home on a constant basis? I hear a lot of people quitting their 9-5 jobs in order to spend more time with their families. Is this you? Remember, we can all make money on the skills and strengths we already have. You can have freedom, abundance, everything you’ve ever wanted. Just by doing one simple thing; shining your light. Following your purpose, and putting yourself out there.
If this resonates with you, if you want to get paid to be you, send me a quick message. You can make a positive change in the world by changing your own life first.
So, my friends, how will you make a positive change in the world? If we all did it, imagine the compassionate and helpful society we would have. Less stress, and more time for ourselves and each other! Will you incorporate some or all of the 10 Positive Change Examples? Reach out to me at [email protected]